This is one of the largest privately-owned retail development, investment and management property company’s in New Zealand and have a number of projects either under construction or in the planning and consent stages with a massive level of future work on the horizon.
Much of their work is retail, including supermarkets, big box retailers’ brands and service stations but also low rise apartments. Due to this level of growth, they are now looking for an energetic senior site manager with project management skills.
Within this role you will be reporting to the Project Director. Your overall responsibility is to manage the project being responsible for overall performance.
As a senior site manager, you will be working across a variety of projects and you will be:
- Managing all site activities from start to completion
- Instructing and managing sub-contractors and suppliers
- Programming projects and ensuring project programme is maintained
- Ensuring occupational health and safety requirements are implemented
- Managing costs and quality assurance
- Contract administration in conjunction with quantity surveyors
- Working closely with the project director to ensure smooth delivery of the project
Your background as a candidate
- A trade and/or tertiary background with 8+ years commercial site management experience particularly gained in retail, industrial, bulking or big box commercial
- Ideal experience in sub structure, base builds, structural steel and precast trades
- High level of planning and organisational skills.
- Experienced in programming and use of MS Project
- Track record of liaising closely with clients, consultants and subcontractors
- Demonstrated excellent team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record working as part of a large team in busy work environments.
- Have a good understanding of construction processes and project parameters
In return for your efforts, you will be rewarded with a salary of between $130K - $140K + veh. allowance
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 5544064 or email your resume to email@example.com