Our client provides engineering consultancy services on a number of vital industry functions and initiatives including design, research, innovation and development in the heavy engineering sector.
They currently seek to employ a Senior Structural Engineer to provide research, consulting, training and expert advice on steel, and metal composites. This role is based at the organisations Auckland Head Office.
Responsibilities Include :
- Steel-concrete composite slab systems
- Composite beams
- Seismic resisting systems
- Wind sensitivity assessments
- Construction cost estimations
- Preparing design reports
- Design reviews
Skills & Experience Required:
- BE Civil or Structural with CPEng
- Minimum 3 years experience in design
- Experience with AS/NZS 1170, or equivalent, for seismic and wind loadings
- Experience in limit state design of steelwork using NZS 3404, or equivalent
- Ability to develop basic drawings in Autocad LT
- Report and journal writing skills
- Knowledge of best practice health and safety requirements
- Able to work independently to complete projects on time
- Reliable and trustworthy with client confidentiality
- Collaborative Team player
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
- Demonstrated experience in research/training and project management
- Experience working within a research or training environment.
If you have the skills & experience to be successful in this role then apply here or contact Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on 021 181 6300 for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 100613