Our client has depots located throughout New Zealand that supply bulk and packaged products to the Agriculture and Rural sector, and they are currently looking to employ a Site Manager for their Tokoroa based Production and Despatch Centre.
As a ‘hands-on’ leader, you would be responsible for the overall site management and the production of consistent quality, market acceptable product in accordance with the company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Operational policies.
- Day-to-day responsibility for the management of the company site
- Ensuring all company H&S Policies and Compliances are adhered to at all times
- Undertake risk assessments on all operations on site and implement required actions.
- Ensure all employees are trained in the use of all plant and equipment on site
- Ensure Incident Reports are completed promptly, in accordance with Company Policy.
- Ensure the development & implementation of best manufacturing practices on site
- Manage and mentor staff providing direction, guidance & performance management.
- Manage all overheads & productions costs within budget
- Recommend Capital Expenditure proposals that will enhance company & site profitability
- Assist the Operations Manager to develop, implement and maintain accreditation of suitably recognized Quality Assurance (QA) programs
- Work closely with the area Sales Teams to ensure, efficient and practical production scheduling to fully utilize plant capabilities and maximize production capabilities to ensure delivery deadlines are achieved
- Direct and manage all stock control on site for raw materials, finished product and consumables.
- Complete monthly stock takes in an accurate and timely manner including investigation and reporting of stock variances.
- Provide Site Performance Reports as required against agreed site KPIs
Skills & Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualification in Business Management, Mechanical, Electrical or Operational Management
- Relevant licence/s for loaders, tractors, forklifts, agricultural equipment - preferred
- Microsoft computer literacy across all programs.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Principles in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- A ‘Hands-On/Can Do!’ attitude
If you believe you have the ability to be successful in this key role then Apply Here or contact Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on 021 181 300 for a confidential discussion.
Job No: 103856