About the Company
My North Shore based client operates on the frontier of technology, partnering with some of the most well-known global product companies. Although this organisation has a stronghold on the global market, they are still a close-knit team. Due to their continuing growth and success, they are now looking for a Software Engineering Team Leader to join their high performing team.
About the Role
As a Software Engineering Team Leader, you’ll be part of a collaborative, inclusive team responsible for creating amazing device, mobile and web integrated vision technology, video solutions and other IoT devices. Supported by passionate and engaged engineers, you’ll be able to develop new products and solutions while becoming ingrained in the world of vision systems integration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to a development team and supporting their career growth
- Identifying great solutions to technical problems, showing others architectural direction and leading collaborative engineering discussions
- Providing technical leadership for internal and external projects: breaking work down, estimating tasks, working on plans with Project Managers, and driving a team of engineers to deliver
- Helping improve our effectiveness and efficiency through better execution and improved development processes
- Using C and C++ to improve and build new features for wireless miniature camera systems, working on Linux, Embedded Linux, and occasionally an RTOS such as ThreadX.
- Learning and developing new concepts, algorithms, and processes for image processing and vision type applications
- Experiencing a fast-growing NZ R&D company, building new products that you will want to own yourself!
- Getting to collaborate with a fantastic team of passionate people in an Agile development environment
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Have proven experience in building and leading development teams, both technically and as a line manager
- Have proven experience planning and driving software engineering projects alongside a Project Manager
- Be comfortable driving technical discussions that result in excellent solutions
- Be able to contribute positively to improvements, especially to process, that make us more effective
- Be extremely competent in C and with C++/OO experience
- Have Linux development experience (preferably embedded) and to a lesser extent OSX
- Have some understanding and interest in Electronics and Hardware
- Have a degree or qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Have at least 5 years professional experience
- An understanding of the image signal processing (ISP) pipeline for CMOS sensors
- Experience in areas of 3A, image enhancement, noise reduction, computer vision, etc
- Willingness to travel abroad to assist bringing products into production and collaborate within a global team (US & China)
- Experience using MATLAB for development
- iOS and Android App development experience
- Multi lingual
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An interest in User Interaction - yes, the end users having fun with your products!
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tyler Hunt on Tyler.Hunt@beyond.co.nz for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 99552.
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.