- Professional challenge – complex and evolving asset portfolio
- Newly created role – drive portfolio planning and strategy
We are currently sourcing a permanent Strategic Asset Management Engineer on an exclusive basis for the Department of Corrections. With an incredibly diverse asset portfolio of $2.8bn across NZ and significant change to enable new ways of working to fulfil their new strategy, Hokai Rangi this is an exciting time join their Strategic Asset Management team.
The Strategic Asset Management Engineer acts as the Chief Engineer for Corrections national facilities network and will also provide expertise in master planning the lifecycle for existing assets and optimising this significant asset portfolio. This role will be a sought-after thought-leader, planning for all phases of design and delivery, ensuring risks are identified and project lifecycles managed. Supporting the Manager Strategic Asset Management, your success will depend on your ability to understand demanding and continually evolving business drivers in a complex asset environment, as well as your ability to build great working relationships across the Department with peers. operational stakeholders and subject matter experts.
You will have:
- Expertise in strategic asset management practices gained in large capital-intensive environments
- Experience in design, procurement and delivery of large and diverse capital projects
- Exceptional problem-solving and risk management instincts
- Tertiary Degree in design or engineering, or other related disciplines (a post graduate qualification is highly desirable)
This is an exceptional opportunity to exercise your professional skills in this changing asset intensive organisation and influence tangible change in physical infrastructure, leading to positive social outcomes for all New Zealanders.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Friday 24 January 2020
For further information contact Tom King on (04) 471 5866 quoting job number 103051
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz