- Build strong and proactive relationships with partners and key stakeholders
- Provide expertise, advice and support to the organisation
- Plan and execute marketing, communications and digital initiatives and campaigns
The Strategic Communications Manager leads on internal and external marketing communications planning, advisory and delivery services, ensuring an integrated approach that is aligned to organisational strategy, targeted business priorities and key messaging pillars.
Using a combination of strategic and operational management, the role will ensure stakeholders receive expert advice and service that is high-quality, considered and well aligned to strategic goals, leading to proactive marketing communications management across the organisation.
Service delivery will be executed via processes that synthesize strategic plans into a prioritized roadmap for each internal unit, with systems in place from briefing through to ultimate delivery of work.
- Provide communications context, insight and critical thinking at a strategic advisory level
- Develop an overarching marketing communications strategy and approach including delivery frameworks
- Create communications plans and roadmaps acting as the conduit for briefing of brand, channel, communications and marketing projects
- Lead on service delivery for communications work (internal and external) including copywriting, design of materials and production via print partners
- Manage communications-related ministerial liaison, servicing and briefing processes
- Maintain processes ensuring stakeholders are kept informed on a no-surprises basis
- Manage budgets associated with service delivery as necessary
- Provides quality leadership and support to the Communications team
You will bring:
- Proven experience in strategic communications management roles
- Ability to demonstrate a broad understanding of marketing principles encompassing brand and channel management especially digital media
- Proven stakeholder management or account management expertise across internal and external audiences at all levels of an organisation
- Past experience in the development of marketing communications strategies and plans leading to identifiable outcomes
- Past experience leading broad programmes of work in complex operating environments
- Significant knowledge of the New Zealand media environment and experience in media advisory and issues management
Please APPLY NOW or call Rebecca Berney on 021 401 125 for further information.
Job Ref: 100948
Rebecca Berney and Lucinda van Aswegen are Beyond Recruitment’s Marketing, Communications, Digital, Insights and Service Design team.