This is an exciting new role in a government agency with a strong sense of purpose. The Strategic Policy, Principal Advisor will provide high-quality strategic policy advice and expertise that meets the needs of a variety of critical stakeholders, including Ministers and Boards and Senior
We are looking for exceptional people skills and intellectual leadership.
In this role you will:
- Deliver high-quality strategic policy advice to Ministers and Senior Leadership Teams
- Lead, manage, drive and deliver priority strategic policy projects on behalf of the Minister, Boards and operational arms of the business - at times leading internal or cross-agency working groups
- Lead engagement on behalf of the Policy team in building strategic policy relationships across government, and sometimes internationally
As this role requires a lot of cross governmental work, you need to be confident and have strong influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-quality strategic policy advice that meets the needs of Ministers and other critical stakeholders
- Strong in project management
- Experience in leading and implementing cross-government or cross-sector strategic policy projects
- Experience in engaging and building relationships with policy and operational staff across government
- Strategic policy background, with experience working at Principal or Senior Policy Advisor positions
- An excellent knowledge of state sector policy-making processes and the machinery of government
I would like to hear from you if you have the skills and experience that we are looking for.
For further information about this role contact Bilge Gray on 494 1184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 91809 or APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge Gray and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.