Our client is one of Auckland’s largest and best-known organisations, helping to make a positive difference to the lives of Aucklanders every day. Due to the ongoing growth of the business, they are looking to recruit a new Strategic Procurement Specialist, to support the development of procurement strategies and plans.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the role will be responsible for identifying opportunities from all aspects of the procurement lifecycle and looking for sustainable and social procurement outcomes for all parties.
This will include;
- Working in partnership with business units to build a pipeline of capital / operations procurement initiatives that align to the organisation’s strategic objectives
- Assisting in developing and implementing plans for key strategic suppliers
- Identifying market developments & best practices and bring that knowledge and learning to your team and customers
- Drive sustainable procurement outcomes within all procurement initiatives
- Partnering with business to help them understand the benefits of early and comprehensive procurement planning
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and articulate themselves in a clear way.
They will also possess;
- Experience in establishing and implementing strategic procurement activity pipelines
- A legal or contracts management background, with experience with supplier agreements, tender processes and RFPs
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- A tertiary qualification in Procurement or a related business degree
- Experience using SAP Ariba (preferred)
- Advanced in Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) suite
- An understanding of end to end procurement, sustainable procurement, procurement innovation, etc
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident. Please attach your CV and Cover Letter, both in MS Word.doc format
For more information, please contact Ray Crocker (email@example.com) or Michael Hoyle (firstname.lastname@example.org)