- Infrastructure Systems Engineer
- Mt. Wellington Location
- 6 month Contract
- $50ph + GST
About the Role:
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer for a 6-month contract where you will be responsible for maintaining the maximum availability of their infrastructure services. You will need to ensure that all customer issues both internal and external are solved with minimal disruption as quickly as possible.
You will be a self-motivated and reliable team player with the flexibility to switch gears and solve problems as and when they pop up.
You will have:
- 5 years minimum in infrastructure services environment supporting server based systems i.e. Citrix, Exchange, Active Directory
- Extensive knowledge of supporting various operations systems and networking principals i.e Windows, Linux/unix, AIX, Solaris, Ubuntu and MAC OS. Experience with Virtualisation & SAN Technologies i.e XIV, ISILON, Cisco UCS
- Experience with IBM tape storage systems
- Experience with Perl, Bash and PowerShell scripting languages
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support of Windows and Linux / Unix servers on premise, Cloud/hybrid Cloud environments
- Building servers (physical and virtual) and implement PoCs as and when required
- Creating Technology reports as and when required by the Infrastructure Manager
- Managing and implementing Infrastructure improvements that benefits user and administrators
- Upgrading infrastructure related applications and server operating systems
- Generating fix on first procedures and documentation for the other Technology Resolver groups
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Clare Saunders on 09 374 0876 for a confidential discussion.
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities.
Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.
NB: While all candidates will be reviewed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.