In this role you will be responsible for the day to day management of a small, front-line regulatory team, embed risk based operating models to ensure compliance outcomes and raise regulatory practice and performance.
The preferred candidate will bring:
- Proven success in providing operational leadership and delivering outcomes in a regulatory environment
- Proven success in developing, leading and motivating high performing front line delivery teams that achieve results
- Proven experience in delivering results which meet timeliness and quality standards
- Proven success in introducing and driving innovative business practices to achieve positive results
With subject matter expertise within your team, you do not need to have specialist knowledge of this legislation but you will demonstrate:
- General knowledge of government structures and processes, and ministerial/parliamentary protocols & procedures
- Sound understanding of regulatory concepts and functions
- General knowledge of public policy, law and regulation in New Zealand
- Strategic capability - the ability to think beyond immediate issues and consider long term and broader implications
- Leadership – the ability to lead change, set clear expectations and motivate managers and staff to achieve them
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence and gain the confidence of diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated planning, priority setting and resource allocation skills
- Good relationship management skills
If this sounds like you and you would like to discuss how your experience is relevant to this role, get in touch today.
Contact Kathy Claridge on (04) 471 8970 or Kathy.email@example.com quoting job number 102796
To send a copy of your CV and cover letter please click APPLY. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Kathy Claridge and Bilge MacPhee are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team