- Technical Lead
- Enterprise Organisation
- Albany Location
About the company
This organisation has been operating for over 150 years and has grown to be one of the largest Kiwi owned organisations in its industry. This organisation constantly strives to be a leader in their field, both with regards to outstanding customer service as well as with technology. In with the Agile journey that they are going on, this organisation is seeking a number of Technical Leads to help continue their success with the new way of working.
About the role
As Technical Lead reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching multiple scrum teams of engineers, in a domain of your expertise. You’ll use your broad range of technical knowledge to coach, mentor and provide hands on training. You’ll also spend time on the tools yourself, so will be willing to roll up your sleeves when required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring across your domain of expertise
- Grow your chapter’s engineering capability by identifying performance and skill gaps
- Manage up to 20 engineers as direct reports
- Leading the attraction, recruitment and retention activities for your chapter
- Occasionally complete hands-on tasks when required
- You will encourage and facilitate knowledge sharing within and beyond your chapter
- You will proactively contribute to improving and refining the Agile process within the business
Skills & experience required
- You will have a deep understanding of your domain of expertise
- You will be happy still being on the tools at times
- You will have strong experience in an Agile/DevOps environment
- You will have proven experience leading, coaching and mentoring high performing technical teams
- The mind-set of continuous improvement and growth
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in an enterprise environment, ideally in financial services
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tyler on 021 919 593 for a confidential discussion.
Ref AK 93846
Beyond IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.