Based in Wellington or Auckland
Beyond Recruitment is supporting [MBIE/ The Construction Sector Accord] in their search for multiple Transformation Leads. There will be one Transformation Lead responsible for each of the following priority areas:
The Transformation Leads will be critical in supporting system transformation of the construction sector. They will bring their extensive business and sector knowledge, programme leadership, and highly-tuned senior-stakeholder engagement skills to drive the sector’s transformation within their priority area. The various Transformation Leads may come from a career in the public sector, or within construction (or synergistic sectors).
The Construction Sector Accord (CSA) is a joint commitment from government and industry to work together to create a high performing construction sector in New Zealand. The Construction Sector Transformation Plan is a three-year action plan for change that is focused on addressing the challenges faced by the sector. The CSA Transformation Team is “hosted” by the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE). This team will ensure the success of the current iteration of the Transformation Plan, build on momentum of the work done to date, and develop the plan to be fit for purpose moving forward.
Key responsibilities of the Transformation Leads include:
- Lead processes to identify, scope and commission new transformation initiatives within their priority area
- Maintain accountability for the delivery of transformation initiatives and outcomes achieved within their priority area
- Build, maintain and lead relationships and stakeholder engagement with partner organisations, government agencies and industry bodies in relation to their priority area
- Own the Beacons case studies, data and insights, and learning networks for your priority area
- Ensure cross priority connections and interdependencies are defined and leveraged to achieve Accord goals
Knowledge and experience required for this role:
- Ability to develop and monitor programme and project plans, including governance, stakeholder management and communications, benefits realisation plans, risk and opportunities, reporting and assurance, timelines, budget and resource plans, and escalation pathways.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and developing frameworks and models to communicate complex concepts to a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to bring together a diverse set of requirements into a coordinated programme.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management, and ability to remain calm and collaborative under pressure.
- Effective leadership and influencing skills within a collaborative programme environment.
- An effective communicator in all mediums including written reports and verbal updates.
- A critical thinker with the ability to think strategically and analytically, and translate ideas and concepts into tangible actions.
- Ability to understand and implement change management programmes within complex systems or environments.
- A good understanding of the Public Sector environment and central government and local government policy and regulatory processes, including decision-making processes would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of the construction sector beneficial but not required.
- Credit check required.
This is a great opportunity to drive a highly visible transformation programme across the public and private sectors. We’d love to hear from you if you’d like a confidential conversation about the role and team.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and motivations to join this team. This role closes on Sunday 31st July at midnight.