Our client is a major player in the planning and development of Auckland s infrastructure and they currently seek to employ a Works Coordination Manager to join their large Auckland based team.
With proven experience within the transport sector, you will be responsible for ensuring all planned activity has holistic oversight, and that impacts are well understood, activities centrally coordinated and scheduled, and systems and processes are in place to deliver effective mitigation coordination and proactive communications to communities and affected parties.
Stakeholder engagement and management is key to this role, as you will be responsible for building close working relationships with key partners and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Collaborate internally and externally with stakeholders to establish systems, processes and forums for effective Works Coordination
- In conjunction with stakeholders, lead the development of an integrated works schedule for all planned projects that will impact the road network
- Ensure systems and processes are developed and implemented in relation to approvals of Temporary Traffic Management applications
- Lead the research and development of customer facing KPIs and KRAs for temporary and planned events regarding disruption to the network
- Lead the development of a Communication Plan which links all programmes and projects
- Collaboratively and constructively engage with local authorities, Central Government organisations, suppliers, service providers and partners to achieve excellent outcomes for customers
- Establish and maintain effective networks and relationships with key stakeholders to enable identification of trends, and collaboration on responses to emerging issues
- Seek and drive opportunities to partner with other organisations to drive collaboration
- Ensure the Works Coordination team has a strong focus on stakeholders, especially customers
- Represent the organisation with high profile stakeholders (e.g. Local Authorities)
- Ensure all legislative requirements are met
- Actively promote a strong safety culture
- Provide operational reporting as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering, Transport, Operations or Logistics
- Proven experience within the Transport Sector
- Experience working with local government
- Civil Construction project management experience
- Experience developing systems & processes
- Demonstrated experience building quality stakeholder relationships
- Problem solving & decision making ability
- Highly skilled communication & negotiation ability.
If you have the necessary skills & experience to be successful in this business critical role then apply here, or contact Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on 021 181 6300 for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 97756