** you MUST be living in New Zealand in order to apply!
Business Intelligence Delivery Consultant - GREAT in-house role working for a GREAT - and highly regarded - manager
- SUPERB role for someone who wants to contribute to NZ's public sector organisation AND work alongside some of the smartest business intelligence and analytics professionals in the country!
$135,000-$150,000 p.a. neg
focus on business intelligence delivery for wider business
About the Organisation
This is a large government agency with around 3,000 users in total and numerous offices around New Zealand. Their head office is in central Wellington and their offices are modern, airy and a pleasure to work in.
This team is based in the Business Intelligence group which is focused on providing the best possible services around analytics to ensure the organisation has the best information available to make the best decisions possible.
They are widely acknowledged across the business intelligence industry as a success story around leading and implementing a range of business intelligence initiatives and ideas, so you can be assured of being in the company of highly knowledgeable professionals.
About the Role
The position requires a real mix of qualities, both professionally and personally. Basically, if you are someone who likes to stick to their analysis work this one won't be right for you.
The role will have you as the 'go to' person responsible for implementing a range of business intelligence tools in to the wider business for use a business-as-usual context - a product services management role, if you like. You will also be providing guidance to a range of stakeholders about business intelligence initiatives they are exploring for their teams, and assisting with challenges they may have around this.
You need to be someone with great business intelligence expertise and a wealth of knowledge in the analytics area, and who can provide rigorous, first class business intelligence advice to a major government organisation.
At the same time, you would need to be someone with first class stakeholder engagement skills. Stakeholders range from those possessing great technical knowledge of your field to those high level management positions with no technical knowledge at all.
Business units will be approaching you for help around various business intelligence related challenges their teams are facing, and you need to be someone who can respond to the challenges they face in a way that inspires their engagement and confidence in your commitment to finding them a solution
You will be working on various distinct pieces of work that will be focused on enhancing business intelligence delivery for a groups within the organisation. Thus, you will have involvement in all aspects of resolving any challenges, from researching to analysis to problem identification and solutions delivery.
What they are looking for in your CV:
- A strong background in providing business intelligence solutions and advice for sizeable organisations
- Experience of implementing business intelligence tools in to a major site AND for evangelising to the rest of the business how these can be utilised to the maximum advantage of their business units
- Wxperience of providing end-to-end guidance and insight around pieces of work being undertaken by the business units (some of which will be mini-projects in nature, although this isn't a formal Project Manager role as such)
- First class stakeholder engagement and relationship skills. You need to be able to win the confidence of stakeholders that you are willing to seriously dedicate yourself to understanding their business intelligence related challenges and needs, and to interpreting those needs as well when necessary, as a non BI specialist may very likely not have an appreciation of all relevant aspects and implications around what they are trying to achieve.
** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE! NOTE - if you have not heard back from me within 24 hours of sending your CV please call me on 04 471 5867.
Sound good? It IS! Email your resume to Sue Saville NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below. NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV has been received.