|Job Title:||Cycleway Project Delivery|
|Contract Type:||Contracting Solutions|
|Contact Details:||Ian Green|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
- High Profile Programme of Work
- 12 Month Contract
Making urban cycling a safer and more attractive transport choice is one of the Transport Agency's six strategic priorities.
The agency is working closely with sector partners to accelerate the delivery of cycling networks in our main urban areas. They are also working to improve safety, and perceptions of safety, for cyclists. This includes safer networks in all main urban centres, improving attitudes towards cycling, and building mutual respect between cyclists and other road users. The recommendations from the recent New Zealand Cycling Safety Panel report are at the heart of this work programme.
By 2019, they expect to have increased total annual cycling trips by 10 million. They are investing more in cycling and working with their partners and stakeholders to make cycling a safer and more attractive transport choice.
Your focus will be on cycle network planning and delivery as part of a high profile programme team leading the delivery of the Government's $333m Urban Cycleways Programme and other key cycling related projects.
Working in partnership with local government partners and regional staff, you will push forward the delivery of 54 UCP cycling projects ensuring these are on track to deliver by June 2018 as well as other key projects.
To be successful you will be:
- People orientated
- A delivery focused person
- Able to challenge the status quo and think innovatively
- Focused on best practice and better ways of doing things.
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification
The role will involve:
- proactively supporting project managers to overcome barriers to delivery
- looking for opportunities to accelerate or improve the programme
- providing some technical advice
- coordinating information requests regarding the Urban Cycleways Programme
- coordinating UCP reporting and governance meetings
- developing capability building opportunities.
Please apply by clicking the apply button below or contact Ian Green on 04 471 5866 for further information.