|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Emma Brockelbank|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
- Private sector
- 60 - 70k
This small high performing team is looking for an additional staff member for a newly created role. With such varied responsibilities your attitude is key!
With a large volume of assessments to be processed each year, the data this creates needs to sit in a database that is clean and accessible for analysis. This role will see you cloning a bespoke database to create new databases for new data sets. The database has an ASP.net front end and an SQL 2012 back end. You will also be required to add new functionality and administer the databases on a regular basis.
Alongside the database work, you will have a strong passion for data analytics and be one who enjoys thinking outside the square to pre-empt questions that come from board members about the data and what the market is doing. You will create questions after completely understanding the business and it's processes, then build reports and analyse data to create a quantitative story for the board members, look at market trends, future sale projections and how the products are doing.
Other tasks you may be involved in include, website development, processing applications, customer service via phone, reporting, and anything else you can identify that will help the business to grow and be successful.
Personality traits we are looking for are:
- resilience, some of the phone calls received can be tough to manage, so strong resilience is essential
- empathy, again the incoming calls can often be from upset customers, so having empathy will enable great service
- flexibility, this is a constantly changing environment where priorities can change in a heartbeat, having a flexible approach and unflappable nature will see you succeed
- good initiative and proactive thinking, given the size of this company, any suggestions that can improve productivity and success are greatly received
What I want to see in your in your application:
- evidence of your passion for analytics including any previous projects (university or corporate) recently worked on
- any examples of database development/support/administration or website development or report building
- University subject details with grades
- a cover letter explaining how you match the personality traits, with specific examples where you have demonstrated these
Please apply with your cover letter and CV, or call Emma Brockelbank on 04 494 1130 for more information quoting reference number WG42408
Data Analyst - MySQL
Location: Auckland - Inner
Delivery Manager- Data Intelligence
Senior Data Warehouse Release Manager
Location: Auckland - Inner