|Job Title:||Demand & Supply Planner|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Manukau and East Auckland|
|Contact Details:||Chris Petzer|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
* Global Company
* Excellent Career Prospects
Our client, a national provider of products to the building, construction and manufacturing sector require a Demand & Supply Planner to join their high performing team.
Reporting to the Senior Category Manager, you will be tasked with managing the inventory planning requirements, and supporting management to achieve inventory optimization and deliver on their procurement strategies to support their company owned branches strategically located throughout New Zealand,
* Research market data, analyse trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend solutions.
* Proactively track category performance, e.g. service KPIs, inventory performance, price & margin.
* Review demand plans, identify variances and validate and agree plan in consultation with sales.
* Compile monthly category planning sheets.
* Update category supply plan to achieve demand.
* Execute the supply plans, place vendor orders, review confirmations.
* Actively track order progress, update ETA's and follow up with suppliers ensuring timely delivery
* Identify variances to plan, expedite/de-expedite orders to achieve optimal inventory levels.
* Obtain vendor quotations, validate specifications & pricing and submit options to sales team.
* Achieve optimal inventory levels for the categories at branches.
* Review, calculate, and update effective safety stock settings.
* Identify overstocked items and propose corrective strategies.
* Prepare and analyse sales and inventory data for range review evaluations.
* Manage the integrity of inventory master records within the ERP and related systems.
* Ensure QA policies and processes are being followed and adhered to.
* Maintain traceability and transparency over supply related decisions and transactions.
To be considered for this position you will have the following skills and qualifications:
* Tertiary qualification in a relevant business discipline.
* Extensive and broad knowledge of planning accountabilities.
* Comprehensive understanding of inventory optimisation concepts.
* Proven track record in sourcing and vendor negotiation.
* A minimum of two years in active participation in sales & operations planning processes.
* Planning expertise in an ERP environment.
* Intermediate to advanced MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills.
* Advanced expertise with demand forecasting applications.
* Experience with data warehouse applications.
* Eligibility to work in New Zealand is essential.
If you believe you have the necessary skills to be successful in this role APPLY HERE or contact Chris Petzer at Beyond Recruitment on 027 644 5182 for a confidential discussion.