|Job Title:||Desktop Support Engineer - 12 mth fixed term - $80K|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Sue Saville|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
* NOTE: to apply, you MUST be a NZ citizen or a NZ Permanent Resident AND be living in Wellington RIGHT NOW.
**** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!!
Desktop Support Engineer - 12 month fixed term - $80K - central Wgtn, great role, great team!
*** IT IS FINE IF YOU NEED TO GIVE NOTICE!
NOTE: needs strong experience in supporting the Microsoft suite - front end AND back end - as well as experience in using other general use types of software
* $80,000 per annum, Wgtn city location
* in large desktop support team of prestigious government agency
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, you will be working for a prestigious, highly regarded government agency. They are a Windows site.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key things you need to know:
- you will be carrying out Level 2 desktop support for phones, laptops, screens, PC's and the like, so it is important that you have strong hands-on practical experience in providing such desktop engineering assistance.
- you will be a member of a team of FIVE Desktop Support Engineers responsible for supporting a total of 2,400 users in the wider organisation.
- you will be regularly working to support Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange, so you need to have good skills and experience in those areas.
Whilst the role is for an initial 12 month fixed term, it may very well become a permanent one if you want it to.
There are many opportunities for up-skilling and moving up within the organisation. They are also in throes of putting in a range of new and expanded systems, so you will be working with very current technologies.
The reporting manager is one of the nicest - and most experienced - that you could find anywhere, and is a great mentor to his staff. The work is varied and interesting, and the team you work with friendly, smart and supportive.
NOTE: it is ESSENTIAL that you have had solid experience of having worked as a Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer in a substantial IT team environment. You also need to have good experience in providing support for, in particular, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange. It is a busy environment, so you do need to have a good handle on how to carry out this sort of work already. As a result, this role will not suit new or recent graduates.
** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!
Sound good? It is! Email your resume to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 to learn more. NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV is received.