|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Cam Anderson|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
* Level 3 Deployment and Support
* 4+ Years of Experience in a Systems Administration / IT Operations / Infrastructure Engineer role
* Keen interest in open source technologies
* Virtualised Platforms & Cloud Computing AWS & Azure
* Windows Server 2008 or above
* Provisioning - puppet or Chef
* CI/CD - Jenkins, TeamCity
* Networks LAN/WAN| Firewall
* Microsoft Technologies
* Web services - Ngix, IIS, HAProxy, Squid, Varnish
* Source control - Git
* Database - MS SQL server, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Solr
* Monitoring Applications - Zabbix, New Relic, Nagios, StatsD
About the role:
Reporting to IT Infrastructure Manager, this role will see you building and maintain an automated platform for several high demand and high availability IT systems. Currently running almost entirely windows environment but transitioning to a Linux/AWS environment. The ideal candidate will be able to make greater use of IaaS & PaaS such as Amazon AWS, create an automated production deployment and testing environment, as well as be proactive rather than reactive when monitoring the server environments.
Day to day Responsibilities:
* Working in a highly collaborative manner with employees in the organization
* Improving the way the company collaborates and completes tasks
* Reporting on and monitoring the quality of the production environments in all aspects of the business.
* Develop and provide a platform to automate IT infrastructure maintenance to improve the efficiency of the IT Production team
* Develop and implement CI (Continuous Integration) to improve the efficiency of overall development and release cycle
* Research and implement scalable IT infrastructure on cloud with the ability to provision in automated manner
* Ensuring the IT infrastructure uptime levels are maintained to meet the approved standards
* Identify and evaluate opportunities to reduce ICT costs through improved system efficiencies
* Take ownership of IT issues through to resolution and prevention of recurrence
* Other duties as required by IT Infrastructure Manager or CTO
In return, our client will offer you the opportunity to work within a positive, professional and growth focused organisation, excellent remuneration and international career growth opportunities.
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Cam Anderson on 0276 302 644 for a confidential discussion. Ref AK48211 / SK920278A
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
NB: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially, all candidates will be notified when the role has been closed.