Government client seeking a Junior Project Manager or Coordinator ready for that next step - 8 month contract.
A junior to intermediate PM is required for a range of small to medium sized technology projects. Ranging from minor upgrades of current products to management of delivery for small systems.
From time to time there may also be some delivery.
Requirements of the role:
- Provide Project Management services to the assigned projects, including effective management of project resources, risks, issues, constraints, dependencies and finances;
- Establish, maintain and contribute to effective stakeholder relationships, including development of briefing documentation to varied audiences;
- Create, maintain and manage project plans and schedules using MS Project and MS Visio;
- Complete weekly and monthly reporting (as required by the sponsor and portfolio management), and effective financial administration using Excel in SharePoint;
- Define and measure success metrics, monitor and report of change progress in relation to overall status.
- Create and provide effective project documentation, ensuring these are stored and maintained in the appropriate Ministry document and records location,
- Management of scope for assigned projects to ensure that it does not creep
- Provide project reporting to the Sponsor and Business Owner and ensure that they are well supported and engaged
- Use internal project framework and methodology (Prince2 based) where it supports the current phase and activity of the project, or in the absence of specific guidance, appropriate use of accepted industry best practice project management methods.
Candidate should have the following skills:
- Use of structured methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication
- Good understanding of technology is preferable
- Conflict resolution
- Production of high quality documents
- Experience in Project Management or Project Coordination
Candidate must be:
- Highly motivated
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and open to change in the project environment
- Detail oriented and accurate
If this sounds like you and you are able to commit to an 8 month contract submit your CV today or call - Jo Allen on 04 472 3313 quoting vacancy number 86205