|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Manukau and East Auckland|
|Contact Details:||Wayne Smith|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Supportive Company Culture
Large Nationwide Business
A fantastic opportunity to join a nationwide business who are the leaders in the industry.
We are on the lookout for a commercial Management Accountant to support the Divisional Finance Manager through the timely, accurate and compliant preparation of financial information, including subsequent analysis and reporting. This role is also responsible for identifying and recommending process and policy improvements across all transactional accounting processes and being able to influence change.
This entails assisting with preparation of monthly journals and management reports; review of the monthly, 6 monthly and annual reporting process; maintenance of the asset register; participation in the annual operating budget process; answering any ad hoc account related queries received from Corporate Shared Services; timely and accurate delivery of the management reporting requirements; monthly calculation & allocation of jobs to the relevant P&L. The ideal candidate will have great people skills and will be able to influence change from traditional methodology.
Key responsibilities are;
- Take ownership management accountant functions, particularly around month end processes and deadlines;
- Review and implement processes and procedures, including robust internal controls;
- Participate in regular reporting processes to meet the management reporting requirements
- Involvement in budgeting and audit variance analysis processes;
- Oversee maintenance of the fixed asset register and capital work in progress accounts
As a successful applicant you will have;
- 5 + years' experience in a commercial role;
- Ability to work both collaboratively in the finance team and autonomously;
- Interest in learning new systems and processes (JDE Experience preferable);
- Excellent time management and commercial skills;
- Ability to communicate with senior management and external stakeholders in a clear and credible way, with the ability to take charge if required;
- Knowledge of the transport, logistics, or waste industries would be useful;
- Qualified Chartered Accountant would be ideal.
To apply for this role please apply through Seek or e-mail me at email@example.com.
Wayne Smith Client Manger Accounting, Finance & Financial Services
027 627 9381