|Job Title:||Senior Agile BA/Business Process Design - $ to $120K|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Sue Saville|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
NOTE: if you have an interest in the rural sector, this role could be of particular interest. That said, it is by no means essential, just a 'nice to have'.
Senior Agile Business Analyst/Business Process Analyst - IT projects - start salary to $120K neg, GR8 team, FAB manager!
*** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!
NOTE: you MUST be a NZ citizen OR a NZ Permanent Resident and be living here RIGHT NOW in order to apply!
- up to $120,000 per annum range neg, Wellington CBD
- based in private sector organisation
- sole Senior BA based in IT projects team made up of 6 people in total
- fantastic manager, great team and LOADS of chance for career growth and training!!
*** Roles like this one are a rare find - you need to seriously consider this option!
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The organisation is a private sector one that is based in central city Wellington. Their IT site and systems are of a medium size, albeit moderately complex in design.
You will be a member of a project team of 6 people, including yourself, and you will be reporting through to the Portfolio Manager.
ABOUT THE ROLE
They are looking for a bright, switched on individual to join their IT projects team as a Senior Business Analyst.
You will be the specialist Product Lead for this particular role. That means you will be responsible for the development and enhancement of this customer product within the company.
Reporting to the IT Manager (one of the nicest IT management professionals around by the way), you would be involved in carrying out a full range of business analysis activities.
NOTE: you would be the sole BA for this project team, so you do need to be confident that you can be effective in a situation that will be pretty self-managing once you are fully up-to-speed. They ARE looking for someone who can work at a senior level and who, once they have had their feet under the desk for a few months and understand the role fully, can be self-managing and able to exercise appropriate levels of initiative.
The projects they are working on relate to the development of new systems and the implementation of those, so you will have the chance to work on a series of end-to-end projects where you can see each one through to its successful conclusion.
Once the systems are at implementation stage, you will be involved in developing and/or enhancing business processes to ensure that the wider business can make the best possible use of the system.
In addition to the business process experience they are looking for, it would be ideal if you have some systems development background. At the very least you certainly need to have a very good understanding of the SDLC and IT systems in general.
They use the Agile methodology, so they would be delighted to hear that you have an understanding of Agile or, ideally, experience in working with it.
ABOVE ALL you have to be keen as mustard and willing to soak up complex IT project parameters and technical knowledge quickly. You also need to be a warm, friendly person who can engage easily with a range of other IT and non-IT professionals.
Since such a lot of the work is project based, so you definitely won't be bored!
WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE IN YOUR CV:
- experience in having worked on IT projects involving both IT business analysis and business process development and review
- experience in working on end-to-end projects
- evidence that you are at a stage in your career where, after a few months in the role, you can work in a sole Senior BA role without needing close mentoring or guidance
- experience in liaising with business users to develop user requirements
- experience in developing functional specifications and at least some familiarity with technical specifications
- strong skills in documentation (so your written communication skills have to be very good)
- experience in liaising with IT developers regarding system design and usability.
Essentially, this is the sort of role that, the more you show what you are capable of, the further you can make the job - and your career - go.
They offer an interesting, diverse role and a chance to work with some of the smartest - and nicest - professionals you will find anywhere.
** I PROMISE YOU A SAME RESPONSE
Sound good? It IS! Email your resume to me NOW by clicking the APPLY NOW button below. NOTE: I get back to people on a same day basis. IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM ME WITHIN 24 HOURS, please call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867. NOTE: The name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until a CV has been received.