An established mid-level, multi-disciplinary construction company that is family owned and operated, based in East Auckland with sound business longevity and proud to be a top-tier ACC accredited employer, is seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team to keep up with the current high demand within the market as projects are commencing rapidly with many others at tender/negotiation coming to fruition.
This role is ideal for a senior QS with over 8-years Auckland market experience seeking to step into a leadership role and manage a team. Attention to detail is critical as well as a keen commercial mind-set as initially this new role will also be supporting the Commercial Manager who will be focusing on other areas of the business, and ultimately succeeding it.
Key components of this role include:
- Overall management of the entire estimating and quantity surveying functions
- Lead a sizeable team including performance reviews and junior mentoring
- Leading tender preparations
- Overall cost management monitoring
- Identifying commercial risks
- Reviewing, developing and implementing operating processes to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Strong and confident communication skills
- Strong commercial mind-set
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
For a confidential discussion or further information call Mark de Beer on 021 192 4246 or e-mail email@example.com .