|Job Title:||BI / Data Science Consultant|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Anita Vorster|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
- Market Leader
- AKL CBD
- $75K to $120K Neg
- Must already be eligible to work in New Zealand and currently living in NZ
Please note this is a client facing, consulting role.Knowledge of BI tools and databases / Data warehouses is required, but the key purpose of this role will be to consult to clients and help drive sales.
- Develop and maintain deep practical technical expertise in the company's products
- Contribute to company growth including:
- Supporting the sales and client services teams through the entire pre-sales process with responsibility for requirement gathering, solution design and refinement, and technical product demonstration
- Supporting clients adoption and data projects by providing strategy, architecture and on-boarding advice
- Working closely with customers to deliver consulting for implementation and training services, connecting to data sources, data ETL and shaping, and best practice guidance on reporting and dashboards.
- Provide solution scoping, design and pricing expertise to our clients in support of their technical and business requirements and typically communicate these through proposals, presentations, statements of work, and workshops.
- Analyse and define Business requirements then Produce Functional System Specification / Use Case / Business Case
- Maintain a current and in-depth understanding of the company product portfolio and contribute information back to the business to assist with the improvement of products
- Provide product evangelism and the necessary expertise to drive product uptake and promote portfolio products as part of a complete client solution. This involves product presentations, training and demos, sales engagement and proposal assistance
- Assisting with the deployment and training / support / improvements
- 2 to 5 years' related experience with a strong proficiency in databases, including efficient queries and stored procedures, as well as excel pivot tables etc
- Understanding of what SSAS/IS/RS are (understanding of Business Intelligence / DWH)
- Understanding of relational database and how they are used and administered (SQL experience highly preferable)
- Understanding of ETL processes and sophisticated hands on data manipulation skills
- Ideally experience integrating, using and driving API's would be advantageous
- Project management experience a plus in terms of being able to gather and understand requirements, scope out the timeframes and resources required, and deliver through to completion.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills VBA skills an advantage
- Awareness of reporting frameworks and best of breed data analytics, transformation and visualisation tools. For example: Tableau, Qlik / Qlikview, Alteryx, Micro Strategy, Informatica, and an understanding of how the tools fit into the data analytics ecosystem.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with an ambitious company which is very well established and has a successful track record.
International training, trips and performance based bonuses up for grabs.
If you have previous experience in client facing roles requiring senior stakeholder relationship management, this would be highly advantageous.
If this is something you are passionate about, please apply now by sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org together with proof of eligibility to work in New Zealand, Salary requirement and Notice Period.
Ref AK 47692 / Seek SK920664A
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities.
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
Salesforce Technical Consultant
Location: North Shore, Auckland
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Network Solutions Consultant
Senior Consultant - Microsoft Dynamics
Senior Business Analyst