We are looking for expressions of interest from candidates with senior experience in policy leadership, development and delivery.
We have multiple permanent Principal Policy vacancies that will be going live in January 2022.
In these roles, you will be providing advice to ministers and senior leaders, and dealing with sensitive and challenging issues in evolving, fast-paced work environments.
If you have previous experience in briefing and advising Ministers, policy analysis, legislative processes and the Parliamentary System, you can make a valuable contribution to central government policy teams in 2022.
As a senior policy professional, you will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understands government processes with experience in a relevant political context
- Working knowledge of the legislative process and Parliamentary System, including writing legislation and the Select Committee process
- Skilled in evidence, insights and evaluation to support analysis
- Applies analytical frameworks and methods to make sense of evidence
- Delivers clear messages and advice that is robust, free and frank and compelling
In addition to general policy skills, our clients are seeking additional expertise in areas like:
- Resource Management Act
- Te Ao Māori
- Planning / community / infrastructure resilience
- Freshwater and water quality issues
- Policy experience coupled with qualifications in horticulture, agriculture, hydrology, and/or soil science
- Strong quantitative or modelling experience
- Understanding of local government
- Natural hazards, climate change
- Cabinet paper writing
- Policy combined with programme management
Register today with Kirsty, Kathy, and Ryan – Beyond Recruitment's Policy and Government Team. To send a copy of your CV and cover letter please click APPLY now. Tell me about your specialist areas of expertise and what you enjoy working on! We are also keen to hear from contractors who will be available in Q1 of 2022. For further details please contact Kirsty on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed when we return to the office on January 10th 2022
Ref No: 114418