We are looking for expressions of interest from candidates with senior experience in policy development and delivery.
We have multiple permanent Senior Policy Analyst vacancies where you will be providing advice to ministers and senior leaders, and dealing with sensitive and challenging issues in evolving, fast-paced work environments.
If you have previous experience in briefing and advising Ministers, policy analysis, legislative processes and the Parliamentary System, you can make a valuable contribution to central government policy teams.
We are currently hiring a permanent Senior or Principal Policy Analyst working in the Climate Change sector.
This person will be:
- Comfortable with technical detail
- Offering a background in climate change science and/or policy (preferred)
- Strong in mentoring others
- Exceptional relationship management skills (including ability to negotiate, facilitate)
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Comfortable creating clarity out of ambiguity
- A positive, solutions focused team player who will relish a big and challenging role
As a senior policy professional, you will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understands government processes with experience in a relevant political context
- Working knowledge of the legislative process and Parliamentary System, including writing legislation and the Select Committee process
- Skilled in evidence, insights and evaluation to support analysis
- Applies analytical frameworks and methods to make sense of evidence
- Delivers clear messages and advice that is robust, free and frank and compelling
In addition to general policy skills, our clients are seeking specialist expertise in areas like:
- Planning / community / infrastructure resilience
- Climate change
- Cabinet paper writing
- Covid-19 Response
- Policy combined with programme management
If you are available for your next role please APPLY now or send me an up-to-date a copy of your CV. Tell me about your specialist areas of expertise and what you enjoy working on in an email or cover letter.
For further information about this role contact Kathy Claridge on 0273551950 or Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 112287
Kathy Claridge, Kirsty Clarke and Ryan Wilson are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team
All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz