This is a significant government organisation that has a major vertical and infrastructure project under construction that now requires the talent of a senior project manager to act as key client representative for project delivery.
The role will see you providing detailed project management oversight and you will be working with multiple stakeholders including the main contractor/sub contractors, design teams and engineers.
Key aspects will include:
- Providing support to a PM team on all technical and commercial matters
- Driving performance outcomes and ensuring all agreed to milestones are being met
- Manage projects risks, resolve issues and report back those that are needing attention and require escalating
- Ensure that all parties including sub-contractors and main contractors are meeting design standards
- Ensuring that all compliance is being met
- Work with the DM and PPP team for the commissioning of the facility
As a senior project manager, you will need to come from the construction industry either from a consultancy or client-side background with 10 + years of NZ based experience. Experience and/or knowledge gained from working on large and complex government projects would be highly valued. You have well-honed problem-solving skills, the interactions between and multiple stakeholders and keeping all parties on track.
A tertiary qualification in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Building Science, or Engineering is essential. Being well organised with a proactive attitude and with excellent client/stakeholder management skills is essential.
You will be rewarded with a salary between $150K and $160K depending on experience.
For further information on this challenging role, please call Matt Shortt on 027 554 4064 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org