The Senior Technical Advisor provides specialist technical advisory and policy services to develop, maintain, communicate and enforce standards, rules and related procedures for gaming equipment in line with current legislation and international standards.
Knowledge of the application of technical standards, systems and ideally, knowledge of regulatory and compliance functions and purpose will be invaluable.
You will develop expertise in gaming standards and gaming technology (including gaming machines, jackpots, cashless systems and random number generators). Previous specific experience in this field is not essential.
Your work will contribute towards an ambitious strategic direction to deliver community wellbeing through reducing gambling related harms.
This hands-on role has a broad scope with a variety of tasks, such as:
- Write the policies and procedures that sit alongside the standards.
- Research and monitor relevant changes in gaming technology.
- Ensure compliance and approve applications related to gaming equipment.
- Take a leadership role representing the DIA on gaming technical matters and liaise with key government agencies.
The successful Senior Technical Advisor will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Expertise in producing and communicating technical standards.
- Experience in analysing risks and benefits of policy options and framing recommendations.
- Close collaboration with staff, interested stakeholders and Government agencies to achieve shared goals and outcomes.
- Credible communication and effective relationship skills to convey complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent critical reasoning skills, political understanding and experience dealing with complex issues.
Join DIA’s Regulatory Services Group and one of New Zealand Government’s larger regulatory bodies. DIA promotes effective regulatory outcomes in three broad systems: anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, gambling and digital safety. The work you do in this role matters to communities across New Zealand.
For more information or to view a copy of the job description please contact: Kathy Claridge at Beyond Recruitment on 027 3551950 or email
Job Number 113180