I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced data engineer with a skillset across a variety of platforms, grounded in ETL tools from the likes of IBM and SAP, but with more recent experience in modern data platforms such as Google.
About the role:
This data engineer will work in the consulting team in designing, developing and implementing advanced analytics, data engineering and data integration solutions using a variety of tools and mechanisms.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements for customers.
Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and various ‘big data’ technologies.
Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Good understanding of advanced analytics/data integration solutions.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Good project management, risk management and issue management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of relational/columnar/NO SQL/data lake database concepts.
- Must be able to travel overnight throughout NZ.
- Must hold a valid NZ work permit or NZ permanent residency that enables this permanent position to be undertaken continuously without interruption.
- Must hold a driver’s license valid for use in New Zealand.
- Must have use of a personal vehicle to visit customer sites.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now!
Job Ref: 112652
Beyond Recruitment Technology, Transformation & Digital connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.