About the Role: Reporting to the ‘H & S Manager’, you will use your experience and skills to understand and influence attitudes and behaviours, while partnering with the organisation to provide sound advice for their people and their leaders in creating a healthy and safe place to work.
- Advise and support Line Managers, H & S Representatives, staff and others on Health and Safety strategy, systems, policies and processes to ensure legal and legislative requirements are met and retain ACC accreditation.
- Responsible for the operational delivery of annual health and safety improvement plans.
- Documenting and logging data on the H & S filing systems.
- Development, implementation and review of H & S and Health Living policies, procedures and systems in the workplace.
- Ensure adherence to H & S policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all reported incidents/accidents are appropriately investigated and required action is taken by managers.
- Support Emergency Management plans, assisting in plan reviews, readiness activities and response to major incidents.
- Ensures that Contractor Management plans are in place and compliant.
- Contribute to monthly reports to management, unions, executive and board as required.
- Develop and access resources to assist the organisation with the implementation of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Contribute to the development and implement of projects in line with the organisation’s strategic goals.
Essential Background, Skills & Experience:
- Occupational Health & Safety Tertiary qualification (Level 6 or higher).
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Senior H & S Advisor role or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation.
- Experience in the delivery and management of projects.
If you’re looking to form part of an experienced and passionate team in an organisation that‘s committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of not only its employees but the patients in the community it services too, then please express your interest by applying.
For further information you can contact Mark McCulloch on 021 221 6237.
Reference number: 126276