- HR & H&S blended role
- Drive culture and initiatives
- Grafton location
This is a permanent full-time position, working in Grafton. There is a very flexible approach to work, so core working hours will be approximately 10.00am to 3.00pm with flexibility at each end.
Growth in this business has created the opportunity to expand and consolidate the current People and Culture team and now require a dedicated H&S and HR Manager, able to support and expand all aspects of people management.This newly created role is pivotal for the business, as they grow, this role will have a wide-ranging scope to develop and support innovative ways of working, while creating a much-needed structure around all Health & Safety and HR practices.
Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, you will have a strong generalist HR background, communication skills and a commitment to a culture of growth, development, inclusion, and safety.You will value people and their strengths and have a natural ability to build enduring relationships based on mutual trust. We are looking for someone with thoughtfulness, honesty, discretion, inclusiveness, and integrity as their core values.
They have a strong and inquisitive culture. They seek people who love this city and have a generous and holistic take on development, on community – and on the things that make life worth living.
There is a strong philanthropic presence – supporting a range of initiatives– though for them it’s not a matter of giving back, so much as simply doing their bit.
Belonging. Creating. Being contributors to our city.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Designing, developing, and administering human resources plans and procedures for all company staff.
- Providing leadership in the design, development, implementation and management of H&S policies and practices.
- Design and implement training and development for all employees to meet and enhance companywide health and safety culture.
- Designing and creating a safe environment that enables clear, open channels of communications across all departments.
HR Plans, Processes and Policies:
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and company values.
- Ability to lead, coach and support managers through complex issues (including ER, performance management, personal grievances, and mediation).
- Ensure legal compliance throughout HR management and policies.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system and discussions that drives growth and development among all employees.
Workplace Health and Safety:
- Design and develop policies, procedures, and training to minimise workplace hazards and risks that may affect the health of workers.
Culture and Engagement:
- Assist in developing initiatives to support the culture, our people and deliver a high level of engagement throughout the organisation.
- Enhance and expand the company culture, by weaving values through all functions of people management (induction, training, internal comms).
- Nurture a positive working environment, where people can grow and develop their strengths.
- Overseeing the recruitment and selection process, and related functions.
- Maintain salary plan and benefits program.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Workplace safety via robust H&S policies and practices.
- HR policies and practises.
- Employment development program.
- Employee retention.
Skills and Experience:
Strong experience and a diverse background in operational HR. and Health & Safety inclsuive of:
- A comprehensive and proactive knowledge of NZ related legislation and it’s application.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
For this amazing HR opportunity - get in touch!
Contact Kris Attewell@ Beyond Recruitment HR 021 435712 or APPLY NOW.
Job # 112698