- Do you have experience in developing legislation or regulations?
- Do you have experience navigating government processes and policies?
- Make a meaningful contribution to clean, clever, and cost-effective energy use for New Zealanders.
- Candidates in Auckland willing to relocate to Wellington can apply for this role.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is an opportunity to bring your regulatory experience to a small, agile team where you can see the direct impact of your work on energy savings. Work with a supportive manager who puts people first. You will be respected and valued in this welcoming team environment.
At the Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority | EECA the Lead Advisor, Regulatory Development is responsible for leading regular updates to energy efficiency regulations and other instruments; ensuring minimum energy performance and labelling requirements for appliances and equipment used in our homes and businesses, keep pace with market and technological changes, and address government priorities.
Your key priorities will be:
- Ensuring the proposals for regulatory change are progressed in line with New Zealand’s machinery of government processes.
- Providing advice, including coaching and mentoring colleagues in the design and development of regulatory instruments.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships key sector and government stakeholders and partners.
He kōrero mōu | About you
You’ll be a highly effective communicator, and a relationship builder – with the ability to influence stakeholders on the implementation of energy efficient products.
You’ll also have:
- A relevant tertiary or professional qualification in policy, law, engineering, science or another related subject.
- Strong experience in developing statutory and regulatory instruments.
- Understanding of machinery of government processes
- Knowledge of the Standards & Conformance infrastructure
An important opportunity to join a government agency with a strong focus on delivery, and to do meaningful work with motivated people that has a tangible impact on the lives of New Zealanders.
In addition, we’ll provide:
- Flexible work environment with the ability to work from home twice a week.
- Free Southern Cross medical insurance
- Three extra days of leave called EECA Days
- Access to a great and well-utilised social club
- Support for training and development
- Salary level will relate to your skills and experience. Discuss your salary expectations with us.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves, please connect with Beyond Recruitment TODAY. Harleen Verma - Harleen.Verma@beyond.co.nz