Our client is a large, complex, and high-profile government organisation, central to the development of New Zealand’s housing sector and large-scale built environment.
Having seen tremendous growth and transformation over the past few years, an opportunity has become available for an experienced Portfolio Specialist who will play a key role as a subject matter expert on the application of the Government’s investment management and performance requirements in the management of land and asset development portfolios.
As part of the influential Investment Management Office, this position will ensure development and ongoing management of optimised portfolios, ensuring senior management decisions lead to the fulfilment of strategic objectives through the delivery of programmes and projects.
The role will provide technical and thought leadership, advice and support to the business, ensuring that investments are strategy-led and realise value for shareholders across a broad range of well-being and financial outcomes.
We would be very keen to hear from interested candidates, with a background that includes:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as business or commerce, or significant experience in similar role
- Post-secondary qualification in Portfolio Management Methodologies such as Management of Portfolios (MoP), P3O Project Office Certification, Management of Value (MoV) or Management of Benefits (MoB)
- Extensive experience in portfolio management and/or benefits management in a large scale organisation, with proven experience in senior advisory roles
- Experience defining investment and prioritisation frameworks
- Proven experience managing senior stakeholders and governance/board relationships and expectations
- Extensive knowledge of project, programme and portfolio management practices and methodologies
- Experience with standards, controls and frameworks for projects and programmes
- Experience in the public sector is an advantage, along with an Interest in public sector structure, governance, processes and systems
For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Beyond Recruitment, on 021 587 360 or by applying online to this advert.
REF # 112324