Our client is part of a highly successful global organisation and a leader in the packaging, paper and recycling sector. The organisation is truly sustainable carefully balancing continuous improvement, economic and social factors. An organisation that prospers through dedication and initiatives.
As the NZ Sales Manager, reporting to the NZ GM, you will provide direction to the business in setting strategy and participate fully in the Lead team delivering on required goals and reporting. You will manage and develop the culture, business direction and sales capability of the team. This includes 4 Sales Managers and approximately 30 salespeople across multiple regions & business areas.
You will be a Sales leader that is focused on delivering to results, KPI’s and projects.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong capability in leading and coaching Sales Managers and Account Managers to develop and achieve budget
- Strong commercial and business acumen across budgets, understanding margin and reporting at all levels
- Capability across working with key customers and the sales managers to ensure maximum margin, renegotiation of contracts and strong relationship building to work with customers.
- Developing sales funnels and new business targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Knowledge of the market providing market intelligence to the SLT
- Ensuring a quality process at all times across customer resolution, continuous improvement and customer expectation
- Working with Operations and ensuring communications and delivery between Sales and agreements
- Strong networking capability and developing customer relationships
- People management of the Sales structure/team; including culture development, policy and process to performance management
- Innovative with the ability to assist with the identification of new markets and products for growth
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the Sales team is compliant with all H&S requirements for the business
Essential background for the role will include:
- Prior experience as a Sales Manager in a regional business
- Tertiary qualifications in a Business, Sales or Marketing degree or similar
- Strong and robust decision-making skills
- Financial and reporting capability – strong commercial skills.
- Strong understanding of Sales in a manufacturing, FMCG, packaging or similar environment
- Motivated and motivational
- Strong and positive people leader
If you are keen to join this highly successful business and make a difference. This is definitely a major role where you will have the chance to make change and lead. Key to your business and sales skills will also be you people side. Your ability to bring the team with you.
Please apply to job no 118317 with a cover letter. Contact Carren Walker-Raos on 021 761 636 for a confidential conversation.