An innovative and ambitious construction group with a focus on modular construction techniques are building momentum. With a focus on solving NZ’s housing shortage, they are using off site mass manufacturing offshore.
Using a modular build production off site and with shipping to site ready to be installed and signed off by Council will increase scale and pace of builds.
Due to the uptick in pace and with future demands for meeting housing build numbers, they are looking to dramatically increase their staff compliment. They are partnering with Kainga Ora and already are on large sites building modular homes up to 7 storeys in height.
This presents as a great opportunity for a Senior Estimator/QS to join a growing business fulfilling a commercial cost leadership role.
The main aspects of the role are:
- Managing the Design/Preconstruction/Cost Planning phase including preparing all budgets estimates and costs, preparing accurate estimates from concept to detailed design
- Analysing any discrepancies
- Identifying any value engineering opportunities
- Providing reliable rates to management
- Take offs, rate build ups and estimating templates
- QA and risk management
- Tender submissions from main contractor analysis
- Tender procurement bidding submissions
- Post contract analysis including variations management working with Project QS’s on the job
- Cost reporting to the Board
- Maintaining and implementing standards and processes
Key background for this role is:
- We are looking for a Senior Estimator/QS with at least 10 years of experience worked in commercial/multi level residential construction
- Tertiary qualifications
- Sound knowledge of medium/high rise density housing
- Proven experience in being able to make decisions for commercial operations
- Excellent relationship management ability
- Outstanding critical analysis and problem-solving skills
If you are looking for a cost leadership and influencing role in a growing business, this company has the right opportunity for you.
Salary: $150K - $170K pending experience.
For further information, please call Matt on 027 554 4064 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org