Beyond Recruitment is proud to be supporting the Ministry of Education in finding a Senior Procurement Specialist to fill a permanent, full-time position.
With one of the largest public sector procurement groups, the Ministry of Education provides the opportunity to tackle interesting and challenging work and develop your career within their vibrant and diverse Infrastructure Procurement team.
About the group
Infrastructure & Digital - Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system. Their vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
About this role
As the Senior Procurement Specialist, you will shape procurement solutions which maximise the benefits and outcomes that the Ministry and schools receive from their expenditure, contributing to the growth of future generations in New Zealand. You will also lead a variety of procurements across our property portfolio; working collaboratively to undertake needs analysis, developing sourcing strategies, delivering procurement plans, managing and developing better processes, leading evaluations; facilitating contract negotiation and award processes.
You will bring to this role:
- Previous procurement experience in the public sector and/or the construction industry
- The ablity to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Good commercial nous - an understanding of what drives good service value and how to identify and minimise key commercial risks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally a Tertiary or industry qualification in a related field (for example are eligible or working towards Associate Member (Level 4) of CIPS and/or a relevant tertiary qualification in Business or Accounting)
- Some experience in data analysis and reporting.
If you are interested in applying for this position and want to know more hit APPLY NOW!
Or contact Jake Harold - firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting reference number 117193