A successful construction company with a mix of commercial, residential and industrial projects has experienced a significant upsurge in projects with a full pipeline of work for the next 5 years. They are a relatively new player in the industry that has been built and leveraged from a pre-existing group of related companies.
Their property development company has acquired land to build, they sell to market plus Kainga Ora as well as residential builds for other private developers. Their commercial projects are where the larger projected increases of build activity are set to occur. They have a number of commercial projects up to $20M commencing and more in the pipeline for several clients.
All their work sits outside of the tender market, either negotiated work or from their own developments. They retain most of their trades in house with it not being sub contracted.
They have a team of near 100 and are still growing. Their strategy and immediate need is to secure the talent of a commercial manager/senior QS that has the sagacity to take control, steer and drive commercial project profitability.
This represents a fantastic lifestyle opportunity in Hawkes Bay with a significant remuneration package in a relatively lower cost of living region.
Your role will encompass:
- Leading the commercial function
- Projects set up
- Administration of contracts and contractual accountability for projects
- Drive the commercial and business project performance
- Cost reporting and board reporting
- Post contract management oversight including variation management, monthly payment claims, supplier invoices and final accounts
- Liaising with project managers
- Attending meetings
- Management of a team of QS’s and building resource where necessary
- Risk management
The key background to this role:
- Commercial management and quantity surveying experience of at least 12 – 15 years with project exposure across mid sized commercial $5M - $20M plus residential developments
- Ability to see risks with trades, programme management and address risks/problems quickly
- Leadership, mentoring and professional development skills
- Excellent reporting skills with ability to effectively relay financial information to stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of construction contracts and laws identifying any risk areas
- Can demonstrate energy, passion and enthusiasm for the role
- Ability to fit positively into a team and a wider business using your strong interpersonal skills
- Improvement focussed and ability to streamline better systems and processes where necessary
On offer is:
Salary $200K - $220K + vehicle/fuel + bonus + phone
Free luxury accommodation paid for up to 3 months
Assistance for schooling and partner employment
For the very ambitious, on offer as well is equity and opportunity to be a part of the business
For further information, please contact Matt on 02 75544064 or email your CV to email@example.com