- Experience with a large complex organisation
- Join one of the most sought after finance teams in Wellington
- High level of autonomy for those with initiative and good judgment
NZDF is a unique employer and no two days are ever the same. The Defence Force exists to secure the well-being of New Zealand and New Zealanders with responses that include providing stability and peace support operations, humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and maritime surveillance.
How many employers run their own shipping, airline and land logistics operations? At the Defence Force you will get an opportunity to work across multiple platforms and engage in a variety of interesting activities that support New Zealand. Defence Force staff are provided with career growth opportunities that would be difficult to match - while working to protect and benefit New Zealand in a culture built around commitment, courage, comradeship and integrity.
You would join a committed and passionate team that together focus on one common goal to make a positive difference to New Zealand and New Zealanders.
What you will do:
The Financial Accountant is a lead role in the Financial Accounting Team providing direct support to the Manager Financial Accounting.
You will be responsible for:
- The provision of technical advice and support of the asset management function including revaluations, impairment, and treatment.
- Support the management of the treasury function including cash management, foreign exchange, analysis and reporting.
- Preparation of NZDF annual financial statements, month end and year end close processes and financial reporting.
What we need:
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant internal and external standards, principles, policies, statutes, regulations and NZ Public Sector financial management practices.
- Experience within a treasury function, including practical knowledge of cash management and foreign exchange analysis and reporting.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 3 October 2021
For further information or for a confidential initial chat, please contact Peter Campbell or Michael Chhim on (04) 494 7091 quoting job number 112509
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- Most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- Is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one of more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years; either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process:
Please note: Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.