- Sustainable growth industry
- North Island travel
- Auckland CBD location
The initial focus of the role will be to review, improve and develop on the existing H&S strategy, policies and systems to ensure they meet industry best practice and are fully compliant with NZ Health and Safety regulations.
A secondary area of focus will be to ensure that the Health and Safety systems are fully integrated to manage employee and contractor compliance and performance.
The role will suit a hands-on OHSE professional who is not only an excellent communicator and change manager but is also familiar with managing H&S databases.The role will support the organisation’s commitment to providing a healthy and safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors to the workplace.
The position is responsible for ensuring the organisation maintains a healthy and safe work environment as indicated by good industry practices and in compliance with legislative requirements through the development, deployment and continuous improvement of the organisation’s H&S management system.
The H&S Manager will support the organisation’s commitment to providing a healthy and safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors to the workplace with the following responsibilities.
- Review and develop NZ H&S strategy for review of H&S committee for submission to the Board for endorsement
- Review and develop H&S Policies and good practice across NZ Operations
- Monitor review and report the performance of the H&S management system in achieving H&S objectives and compliance with H&S legislation
- Prepare ad hoc H&S reports for management as required
- Publish annual H&S report setting new H&S objectives for approval by the executive and endorsement by the Board.
- Assess the level of compliance of the implemented H&S management system reported monthly
- Maintain oversight of the organisation’s accident register through event and incident reporting system and the accident injury reporting and undertaking periodic root cause analyses to inform the effectiveness of the control plans adopted to manage significant hazards and risks
- Provide specific reports to regulatory bodies and interested parties (eg Duty-holder review, serious harm reporting)
- Undertake an annual review of the Hazard register in conjunction with key stakeholders and interested parties including the H&S Committee.
- Chair the H&S Committee and work closely with employee/contractor representatives to enable employee participation in H&S
- Lead H&S function in the organisation to support the commitment to providing a H&S working environment for all
- Provide occupational safety and health advise, assistance and support to managers and employees across the organisation
- Work closely with employees, contractors to continually review the H&S management system as part of monitoring, reviewing and reporting on the performance of the system to continually improve H&S outcomes
- Work with employees and contractors to facilitate the implementation of H&S strategic objectives and embedding the H&S management system across the organisation
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Tertiary and/or professional qualifications in H&S related discipline with at least 5 years of experience gained in H&S teams in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience in deploying H&S strategies, plans and policies to ensure efficient service delivery with a focus on quality and risk management
- Demonstrate strong technical and specialist expertise in H&S management, along with the ability to assess complex H&S issues and consider options, risks, benefits and mitigation strategies, and make informed recommendations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas and relate to a range of audiences
- Excellent time management and ability to manage staff
- Proven successful experience in a medium to large organization
- Proven experience managing H&S databases
Previous experience in the Forestry/Transport/Wood processing/Port Industry or manufacturing would be advantageous, along with experince in high risk environments with multiple sites.There is travel involved with this role- mainly in the North Island.
Come and join a fast pace, stable global organisation in a sustainable industry sector.
For more information contact Kris Attewell @Beyond Recruitment HR 021 435 712 or Apply Now.