The position provides support to the Manager – Financial Performance and Planning to ensure the Department successfully performs financial management, control and stewardship on behalf of the Ministry across its core activities. This will be accomplished by providing accurate, high quality, multiyear financial advice to influence the strategic and operational decision-making processes.
The Management Accountant is responsible for:
- Co-ordinate the development and updating of business group budgets and forecasts
- Providing expert financial advice which takes a multi-year and across business group(s) view
- Proactively identify and communicate financial risks and opportunities to ensure effective decision making and financial management
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and implement these in relation to systems, processes, and business information
- Perform month end requirements including journal, accruals, analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare and provide all monthly reporting to support the Business
- Support for the maintenance of the TechOne finance system
- Provide bespoke financial advice, support, reporting and OIA and PQ requests to the business to enable individual initiatives and key decisions to be supported from a financial advice perspective
- Develop key financial presentations to aid the Senior Leadership Team in their decision making and governance
- Provide the lead on training and advice to the Business to ensure that they comply with the Ministry’s financial policies, legislative requirements and best practice
- Flexes well between BAU and project/ad hoc work
- With an ever-evolving environment the role will need to be flexible and adaptable.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW!
Or contact Peter Campbell – Peter.Campbell@beyond.co.nz
Job Ref: 114451