Our client provides innovative quality Industrial products to the residential and commercial building sector throughout New Zealand and Australia and they have a vacancy for an experienced Operations Manager to join their Auckland based business.
As a member of the SLT you will be responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the business, including Procurement, Supply Chain, S&OP, DIFOT, Warehouse and production functions.
- Management, mentoring and leadership of all operations staff nationally
- Lead all procurement activity – sourcing, negotiation & contract management
- End-to-end supply chain function.
- Develop and execute S&OP demand planning initiatives and inventory plans
- Implement S&OP training programmes to improve the skills the wider business
- Drive the development of a continuous improvement and problem-solving culture
- Manage and develop effective and professional supplier relationships
- Provide expertise and develop a robust category and supplier management framework
- Champion the Health and Safety program, processes, & compliance
- Manage all warehouse activity, stock analysis and obsolescence
- Develop a culture focused on DIFOT and continuous improvement
- Ensure stock accuracy targets are met
- Provide monthly analysis & reporting on all warehouse & production activity
- Actively participate in SLT Meetings with a focus on strategic & operations input
Skills & Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven Procurement experience (Asian Markets)
- Leadership experience in a strategic operations/logistic role
- Experience driving continuous improvement DIFOT
- End-to-end Supply Chain & Procurement knowledge
- Effective communication and negotiations experience
- The ability to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be successful in this business-critical role then apply here or contact Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on 021 181 6300 for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 103969