About the Role: Reporting to the ‘HR Business Partner Manager’, you will support People Leaders to run effective departments and services. As part of this role, you will work closely within a dedicated business portfolio in a hands-on, operational HR role that will work as a trusted advisor on day-to-day HR issues and provide input into HR strategy and practices that enhance and develop the ability to deliver sound HR support to managers.
- Manage and maintain proactive and constructive partnerships with internal customers, ensuring stakeholders value the P&C service.
- Provide on-going partnering to managers on the effective delivery of P&C processes and people management practices to improve the quality of leadership within the service.
- Provide knowledgeable support to managers within the assigned portfolio on organisation theory, practice, design, and implementation, with a focus on building capability and embedding processes and polices.
- Undertake workforce planning aligned to service development and plans in conjunction with service managers.
- Meet the effectiveness, timeliness, customer satisfaction and cost efficiency KPI’s agreed as part of P&C’s commitment to adding value to customers.
- Actively contribute to the delivery of the P&C Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Liaise closely with shared services to support the delivery of effective P&C administrative outcomes for your assigned services.
- Facilitate workshops on necessary topics.
- Provide advice, support and coaching to managers in dealing with employment relationship issues, including performance management of teams and individual employee absence issues, disciplinary/conduct issues.
- Contribute to the delivery of organisation-wide change management processes through active support of and involvement in management of change projects.
Essential Background, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience as a HR Consultant/Practitioner.
- Experience in a complex professional and unionised environment would be beneficial.
- Good working knowledge across all areas of HR, with special emphasis on Employment Relations and strong communication skills allowing you to form solid relationships across all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi and relevant Bicultural policies.
- Can work at pace, recognise, and maintain own limits and offer flexibility.
- The ability to influence and constructively challenge others in a professional manner.
If you’re looking to form part of an experienced and passionate P&C team in an organisation that‘s committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of not only its employees but the patients in the community it services too, then please express your interest by applying.
For further information you can contact Mark McCulloch on 021 221 6237.
Reference number: 126277