This well-established main contractor has consistently delivered projects on quality and time throughout the BOP and Waikato. They are predominantly focussed on projects in the $5M - $40 region that are gained in both the tender market and negotiated from existing clients. Their projects span industrial, retail, apartments, commercial, education, reclads, and healthcare.
Reporting into the Director, you will be taking the lead on one of their planned projects in the pipeline together with a site manager and foreman reporting to you. This will involve managing day to day operations with regular updates and interaction from/with the site manager, sub-contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification and ideally coupled with a tertiary qualification
- 8 - 10 + years experience in managing a medium to larger sized commercial projects with concrete and steel structures
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Solid programming skills and an advanced user of MS Project
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication
This represents a top opportunity to join a medium sized main contractor with top staff morale and with significant opportunity to grow your career internally.
Package on offer is: $140K - $150K + vehicle plus other benefits.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 5544064, or please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref No: 126021