One of the main players in the NZ commercial construction continues to stand out from the competition with strong forward workload for the foreseeable future. They have partnered with NZ’s leading developers to be the main contractor on several significant projects in Auckland, They operate in non-corporate manner employing the best in talent work collaboratively on exciting and challenging high rise projects.
Due to the demands of their current future workload, they are now requiring a Intermediate QS that can step in beneath the Senior QS and provide support for a large ($100M+) project under construction.
Key aspects of the role include:
Cost control, letting and administering contracts and subcontracts
Progressing claims and variations
Reporting on financials and budget management
Procurement of various trades
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary education (e.g., Construction Management / Quantity Surveying)
- 5+ years experience working for a Tier 1 or 2 Commercial contractor on projects $40m+
- Well developed negotiation and effective communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills across consultants, sub-contractors, and all internal staff
- Experience with forecasting, cost reporting
- Commercial acumen and ability to manage costs throughout the project
You will thrive working with a passionate and talented team enjoying working on an iconic and challenging project.
Salary: $130K - $160K pending experience
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com or call Matt Shortt on 0275544064 for more information.