- Join a diverse close-knit team of engineers
- Bring your problem-solving skills and networking expertise to the table
- Be involved in large-scale projects with national impact
If you’re looking for challenging work that tests your problem-solving skills, a team environment that’s inclusive and fair, and an opportunity to make an impact, we might have your next role.
We’re looking for a Senior Control Systems Networking Engineer to join the close-knit and diverse engineering team of a state-owned enterprise.
As the Senior Network Engineer, you will support the efficient delivery of projects and support services assigned to the Control Systems Team in compliance with engineering policies, principles, standards, codes, processes, and task instructions.
The role requires excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of contemporary network administration and architecture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing, designing and delivering Control Systems assigned RNIP and Capital projects that upgrade or modify engineering telecommunications networks and their supported equipment and applications
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of Control Systems assigned Networking assets with an emphasis on technologies and systems implemented in the Metro Areas.
- Preparing reports, undertaking engineering investigations/assessments and designs to determine the best outcomes for engineering problems.
- Providing technical supervision and mentoring junior and less experienced engineers
You will bring to this role:
- A strong background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of commercial communication technologies such as Carrier Ethernet and protocols (mainly TCP/IP, Modbus & proprietary safety protocols) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, VRRP)
- A solid understanding of network security architectures
- A passion for resiliency, security and accurate design and configuration record keeping.
- Innovation, creativity, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and advice to a range of audiences
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW!
Or contact Elizabeth Allan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting Ref No: 118314