Fantastic role available for an experienced and well-rounded Procurement Professional to manage high value, complex procurement activities, ensuring projects are sound, good value for money and fit with the organisation’s wider strategic objectives.
- 12 month Fixed-Term role
- Wellington CBD location
- Working on high value & complex procurement activities
As Senior Procurement Specialist, you are accountable for providing strategic and tactical procurement direction, advice and support to the Executive and Core Leadership Teams. You will also be responsible for coordinating annual procurement plans and strategic documents as well as managing procurement reporting processes.
- Reviewing and revising strategic and practice documents to fulfil framework requirements
- Representing the Senior Manager – Procurement at meetings with suppliers, customers and representatives from other Government agencies as required
- Mentoring and coaching Procurement Advisors on procurement policy, strategy, the Procurement Framework and other related information
- Providing expert advice to high-value internal customers on the legal requirements or potential ramifications of procurement activity – both planned and anticipated
- Contributing to strategic thinking, risk management and problem-solving discussions
Key Skills and Capabilities:
Proactive and self-managing: able to initiate and plan new work and carry on job duties and meet timeframes without direct supervision
- Be able to make and maintain business connections internally and externally
- IT Procurement experience desirable
- Be curious about new techniques, sources, theories or advancements in data systems etc
- Able to move between systems, conceptual and intuitive thinking as the situation demands
If you have the required skills, hit APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you will be successful in this role. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Jake Harold at email@example.com quoting reference number 112438