This is a great opportunity for an experienced QS to join a thriving main contractor with a strong work pipeline consisting of a range of education, new build apartment and wider commercial projects in the planning.
They have a strong track record of project delivery backed by a team that is dedicated and passionate about building great projects. From top to bottom, they are well organised ensuring communication is effective and fair.
This role will be working on the commercial aspects of a $50M school project based on site in Mt Albert.
- Take the lead role with all project procurement and estimating functions
- Undertake project cost reporting to senior management on a monthly basis in conjunction with Project Manager
- Trade package preparation, tendering, assessment, negotiation, award, management during execution and finalisation
- Subcontractor and supplier claim and invoice assessments
- Material procurement and Purchase Order preparation and issue
- Subcontractor variation management
- Project forecasting
- Leading and mentoring an intermediate QS
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience with a Tier 1 / 2 main contractor
- Sound understanding of contract management, budget management and financial reporting
- Strong NZ3910 Contract knowledge
- Sound ability to read and understand design documents and to formulate scopes of work
- Design and Build ECI experience ideal
- Effective communicator with strong negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of building techniques/methodologies and management of subcontractors
- Experience in cost management cloud based platforms
Remuneration: $140K - $180K.
For further information, please call Matt on 0275544064 or email your details to email@example.com