- $60-$70 per hour
- February Start, 3 Month Contract
- Wellington CBD Based
We’re looking for a Business Finance Advisor to join the Finance Planning and Assurance team of a community-focussed public sector organisation.
As the Business and Finance Adviser you will provide support to the Regional Manager, Finance, Property and Technology, the regional leadership team and/or regional manager in financial planning, facility and property analysis and monitoring, management and reporting as well as support with all management planning and reporting activities. You will also provide and support the development of financial and non-financial information, financial management.
In this role you will:
- Assist the regions in the development of their business/operational plans and monitor and report on progress.
- Assist with development, implementation and management of accounting and financial management policies, procedures, systems and processes.
- Conduct risk analysis and assist with development of mitigating strategies.
- Develop and maintain the five-year capital plans for the regions including depreciation funding applications.
- Prepare annual financial reporting package and monthly reporting of financial information including providing commentary on the monthly management variance analysis.
You will bring to this role:
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Finance Act and Public Sector accounting standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective financial management and accounting systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of audiences.
- Familiarity with the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of government agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW!
Or contact Olivia Strutton – Olivia.Strutton@beyond.co.nz
Quoting Ref No: 114389
I will be on leave over the Christmas/New Year period and back in the office on Monday 17th January. I will review all applications once I am back in the office and will be in touch with you at that stage with an update. I hope you have an enjoyable Christmas break.