- Community Focused Engagement
- Digital Communications
- Big picture thinking
- Tauranga City Council
Our client is a well recognised organisation in Tauranga. Its strategy and vision is all about engaging with the community; from business to the wider local community. As part of the vision reset, the community is at the heart of every interaction.
Our search is to identify a Digital Communications Lead to support and enhance community engagement by leveraging the organisation’s available digital channels.
The Digital Communications Lead will strategize for and enhance community engagement of the organisation’s digital channels whilst ensuring consistent content/branding and increasing our client’s responsiveness to interactive channels such as social media.
Critical to your success will be:
- A joined-up approach to the way the organisation delivers its communications across the available digital channels. E.g. web, social media, newsletters, txt messaging, ad word campaigns, digital advertising, mobile apps, email campaigns.
- Stakeholder insights are consolidated and are a valuable asset.
- The organisation leverages an omni-channel and right-channel approach.
- Increase in cost-effectiveness of engagement and consultation.
- Increased community engagement via digital channels whilst leveraging an omni-channel and right-channel approach.
- Regular reporting on where engagement risks and opportunities lie.
- Digital channel communications and engagement risks are proactively addressed.
- Targeted communication and engagement strategies that are relevant, efficient and increasingly cost-effective.
- Digital channel communications are only developed with the “community at the heart of what you do”.
Critical Competencies for selection will include:
- A relevant qualification or experience in digital engagement, digital marketing, visual communications, and/or communications or related field.
- Public Information Management (PIM) trained.
- Proven experience managing an organisations social media channels.
- Proven experience leveraging digital tools to build audiences, target community groups, and monitor/drive web traffic. A customer centric approach.
- Experience of non-digital communication and engagement approaches and how they can be used in conjunction with digital channels.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, including a proven ability to work with and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
This organisation will provide a competitive salary to the right individual. It is a fantastic opportunity to take your communications and big picture thinking into an senior role where the community is at the heart of the strategy. You enjoy working with a variety of teams and people providing advice to all relevant groups. The executive team is passionate about what they do with regular stand-ups across the organisation. This organisation is going through change and looking to bring on dynamic and future thinkers.
If you are keen to take this further, please apply with your CV & a cover letter indicating the value you will bring to the role on the link below.
Job number 109930
Please be aware you need to have Permanent Residency or Citizenship to apply for this role.
For more information please contact Kate Williams, Client Manager - Digital, Sales & Marketing on 027 627 9381 at Beyond Recruitment.