Technical Writer and Document Specialist
The Technical Writer and Document Specialist is responsible for driving and completing assigned Operations project work with a key focus on Operations policies, procedures and related knowledge resources, to support a quality system approach to operational excellence. They are responsible for overseeing that all documented sources of operational knowledge, including manuals, induction plans and training guides, remain integrated, aligned, relevant, easily accessible and up to date.
Key responsibilities will include:
Review and development of policy and related documentation
Knowledge and Information integration
Ideally you will have experience in writing policies and procedures, and content management in a large and complex service delivery service. You will be able to demonstrate best practise in document management and online systems in particular with Sharepoint/intranets. You will be an effective planner, you will be organised, show initiative and be able to prioritise effectively.
You will be an articulate communicator – written and verbal, and be able to maintain relationships with various parties.
Policy and Related Documentation Review and Development
• Develop key procedural, policy, reference manuals, process flow maps, user
guides, induction plans and other technical documentation, relevant to
operations roles within Summerset.
• Facilitate meetings and discussions with key stakeholders and subject matter
experts to gather complex information to create clear, concise, accurate
• Ensure Operations policies are reviewed and updated in a timely manner,
incorporating best practice, as the Operations SME. Opportunities for
improvement are identified and agreed with Regional Operations Managers
and or policy owners.
• Coordinate and project manage operations and clinical policies via policy
• Manage the release and distribution of new and reviewed policies.
• Ensure that any impacts from policy and procedure changes are applied to
knowledge and information sources, e.g. induction/orientation information,
and any related training resources are prepared or updated, if required.
• Maintain access to policies and procedures on Companyweb.
Knowledge and Information Integration
• Oversee and be the gatekeeper of sources of all sources of Operations
knowledge and information and ensure that these are integrated, aligned
and kept up-to-date.
• Identify opportunities to improve, simplify and streamline knowledge and
information sources and processes.
• Provide guidance and recommendations to improve how we manage the
functional repository of knowledge to improve the customer experience.
• Work with the learning and development team to increasingly develop and
move content to our online learning system.
• Manage a single source of truth for all current and approved operations
documents, procedures and policies.
• Recommend and manage technology solutions which enable operations to
better manage and access key information.
• Ensure staff across Summerset can easily access the information they need to
be effective in their role and accessing information is efficient.
• Contribute to and support projects as an Operations SME, including process
and system improvements.
• Manage new Village Manager setup and walkthrough the new villager
Health & Safety Be a proactive contributor to ensuring the health & safety of our people, our
customers, our contractors and our residents. This includes conforming to
Summerset’s safety culture expectations of an environment of zero-harm and
compliance with health and safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in writing policies and procedures and content management in a
large and complex service delivery business (2+ years)
• Demonstrated use of best practice in documentation management and
online systems, in particular Sharepoint/intranets
• Effective planning, prioritising and organisational skills
• Strong initiative and drive, able to juggle multiple priorities at once
• Competence in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word (intermediate
to advanced level)
• Ability to implement solutions and sustainable change with a wide variety of
• Analytical skills
• Ability to address issues by recommending solutions
• Articulate, with effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective internal networker to pull in internal expertise and work cross
functionally where required
• High attention to detail
• Strong collaboration and teamwork
• Commitment to continuous improvement and best practice
• Desired – experience in the Aged Care industry
• General Manager Operations and Customer Experience
• Operations Improvement Manager
• Head of Clinical Services
• Operations Business Manager
• Clinical Improvement Manager
• Customer Experience Manager
• Regional Operations Managers
• Systems Technical Trainers
• Village leadership
• Learning & Development team